Sunday, August 2, 2015

Modular Home Fire Displaces Family in Missouri

This is not what actually happened. It was not a modular home, it was a HUD manufactured mobile home. But what should we expect when nobody takes the time to correct the news media about the difference.

And no wonder people tend to think "trailer" when they hear the word "Modular."

This is the 5100 block of Brindlewood Court

Here is the story:
A family of three is displaced following a fire Sunday afternoon (July 26) at a modular home in the 5100 block of Bridlewood Court in House Springs, Missouri authorities report. 
The family was not home when firefighters arrived around 4 p.m. to fight the blaze, High Ridge Fire Protection District Chief Mike Arnhart said today (July 30).
However, firefighters rescued a pet dog from the home, and fortunately, it was OK, he said.
Arnhart said firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, but enough damage occurred that the occupants – an adult and two children – must find housing elsewhere until the home is repaired.
“There is extreme heat and smoke damage,” the chief said. “It will have to have some renovations. It’s our understanding it’s a rental structure.” He said he did not know where the family is staying.
Arnhart said it appears the fire started near a dryer in the home.
 The American Red Cross provided food and clothing to the family.

No comments: